Tuesday 1 March 2011

And the Oscar goes to.....My best and not-so best dressed.

I hate to be a fashion police but one of my ten readers,LOL, requested this so here it is.

Let's start with the big winner Natalie Portman. I love her and I know Natalie Portman isn't a fan of too glamorous dressing on the red carpet.She's always a little laid back but very beautiful. I'm not loving this look very much. I mean "Why wear Rodarte?''. They make weird clothes and I don't think the duo has that enough grasp of the award seasons yet. I'll forgive Natalie, after all she's pregnant and it's a bit difficult looking for that dress when you have a bump there.(Although I'm not sure she's pregnant,hehe,is she?)


Oprah in Zac Posen, good choice


Hilary Swank in Gucci, I've seen this gown a thousand times or I think it was the feathers. I'm a big fan of Hilary and I like her wearing simple dresses like that Guy Laroche she wore winning as best actress for her role in Million Dollar Baby.



Celine Dion, Armani Prive'- the toilet's down the hall Celine.lol


Katryn Bigelow, last year's best director winner. still, a winner. In Yves Saint Laurent.

Hailee Steinfeld. I do not know who she is but I like it when young girls wear age appropriate clothes.She's cute.In Marchesa


Amy Adams in L'wren Scott. next picture


Mandy Moore in Monique Lhuillier.50/50 on this number.She looked old.Is it the hair?


Sharon Stone in Dior, yeah.


Jennifer Lawrence(Who is she and why am I including people I don't know?,lol) in Calvin Klein. It's too plain and reminds me of Baywatch.


Jennifer Hudson in Atelier Versace. Wait, wait, wait. Isn't she supposed to be fat?hahaha. She lost a lot of weight and wow she is so slim. X for the dress.


Justin Timberlake in Tom Ford.there is something about the pants or the shoes.


Jesse Eisenberg, I love this look.It's like "I don't care about the Oscars , this is what I'am wearing.". Very cool and easy.in Band of Outsiders.


Nicole Kidman in Dior Couture. WHAT HAPPENED TO NICOLE KIDMAN?


Reese Witherspoon in Armani Prive'. heart.



Halle Berry in Marchesa. I want to go inside this picture carrying a pair of scissors to cut the chiffon.


I did not know they have 2 Oscars statues already. Wait.. is that Gwyneth Paltrow?.lol.in Calvin Klein.



Mila Kunis in Elie Saab. I love the color.Hmm.not completely loving this look but I'll let her through.



Sandra Bullock in Vera Wang. Where is Sandra? Oh there she is.I thought she's the red carpet. Red,red,red on red? drowning.


Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabbana. I love the waist up.


Penelope Cruz in L'wren Scott.No.


Florence Welch in Valentino HC. love x 3.



and my Best Dressed are:

Michelle Williams in Chanel Haute Couture. To all who wear nude that day,learn from this.



of the what, 8 changings Anne did, this is my favorite.She wore Valentino,Lanvin, Dela renta, Tom Ford, Armani, Westwood but this Givenchy gown was her best because IT WASN'T EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GOWN but look how beautiful and stunning she was here. She outshined the dress, unlike the other 6 looks that was more of the dresses' moments.


and the cream of the cream of the cream of the crop is.

Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Haute Couture. Take note that this spring 2011 couture collection by Riccardo Tisci is exclusive to only 1 piece each of the 10 looks will be made. And she wore one.I think this is the original dress.
Now, although I'm a bit bias because Riccardo is my favorite, this look is just so refreshing to see. No drama, no non sense, just pure beauty.How many actresses are brave enough to wear something a lot of people will not understand? Cate's message here was " Give me a simple hairdo,don't put too much make-up,but let me wear THAT DRESS and I will be beautiful".

and yes Cate, you were very.the dress complemented her and she complemented the dress.They didn't pull each other towards who deserves much attention.
clap,clap,clap.


it's fun doing this.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment