Sunday 20 March 2011

The DHL package: Saskia Diez Bag

You know I love things that are ingenious and when I saw this online, I just got to have this, especially one of the store's founder, shared me the "secret" code.:)

When Maison Martin Margiela sent a collection inspired by paper and foil for summer 2010, I can' get over it.From paper t-shirts to shoes, I thought I must have one; but they were soooo rare or should I say so expensive, that I let it passed through. Then came this....

It's not a paper bag but it looks and feels like paper- this is the Saskia Diez Papier bag collection. The material used is called Dupont Tyvek, a synthetic paper that is lightweight(of course),waterproof, recyclable, and most importantly TEARPROOF (because who'd like to buy such if  just one wearing it'll be all torn apart).This bag won the German Designpreis 2010, which i have no idea what was all about.lol

I really like to depart ways with my leather bags as they are so heavy to carry around.My curiosity(a.k.a the only thing I can afford at the moment,lol) lead me to finally buying this bag.I think it comes in every color but LN-CC.com only sells black,blue, and gray. I chose gray because it looks more paper-ish than the rest.It's also available in tote, holdall,backpack and wallet. It's the holdall that I have been eyeing but I was doubtful it could actually"hold all". I bought the backpack instead because it's more utlilitarian and cheaper that, should I don't like it or it'll get damaged easily, there'd be no regrets to think of after.


And now after I opened the package, I was so happy to see it.It was the way I imagined it- a little crumpled, which made it so interesting and the fact that the color was silkscreened, it becomes flaky on every fold and crease points making those areas paintless,revealing the material(this would have been visible had  I chosen blue).

I' d gladly recommend this bag for those crazy enough for such innovation. The holdall and tote sell for 80 pounds.The backpack and wallet sell for 29 pounds.Quite expensive for something that looks do-it-yourself, but it's worth it..Minus 20% tax exempt if you live outside the UK.

 LN-CC.com is a new and trusted UK-based  online store that sells cutting edge pieces from designers and labels like Damir Doma, Maison Martin Margiela, Balenciaga, Jil Sander, Raf Simons, Rick Owens, Dries van Noten, Ann Demeulemeester and even very hard to find labels like Yohji Yamamoto, Issey Miyake, Preen and Haider Ackermann(drooling for the fuchsia belt).They sell both menswear and womenswear.
Thank you LN-CC.Thank you Lucy for giving me "it".:)





only if ln-cc sold them in yellow.......




i bought the drawstring backpack,cool,eh. and look how it is when crumpled.It's so...... paper.hehe.


now my pictures




 it' so paperlight.


tried bulking it up.



so nonsense  but super coooooool. can't wait to use this.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment