Sunday 27 March 2011

The DUBAI MALL pt. 2

As promised(did I promise?) here are more shots from the world's biggest mall,The Dubai Mall.

It was supposed to be a 2 day stroll around Dubai but my trip was cut short because of a "call" I received back in Abu Dhabi. It was a haphazard journey which I decided and took to get me out of this boredom a night before finding out the Jebel Ali Metro station was opened. Why care about Jebel Ali ? Easyhotel. Yes, the world famous Easy franchise has arrived here in Dubai with rates from 99 AED. All standard rooms were booked so I got the twin room at 110 AED. Cheap, eh? But it's faaaaar, very faaaaaarrrrr,about 21 stations from Khaleed Bin Al Waleed(Burjuman), the nearest from the bus station. Nonetheless, it is still a good and CHEAP hotel especially when travelling alone.

Anyway, my first stop as always, The Dubai Mall just to window shop. There were at least 5 items I wished I could buy.
1. The blue Bottega's at Bloomingdale's           +
2. the blue Balenciaga's at Bloomingdale's        +
3. the sandals at Dior Homme                         +
4. the lumberjack shoes at Dsquared2             +
5. the leopard clown print tee at Givenchy.  _________  
                                                                 I need 20,000 AED.

Now accepting donations.LOL

FYI, no, I don't accept Visa and Mastercard.hahaha

the Fashion Avenue again



   
 Armani is so big here in Dubai.Below the Burj Khalifa is Armani Hotel.

look how they worked the space here.












i really like this look on the mannequin.Louis Vuitton. Was that me on the reflection?lol

the other big dept. store- Galeries Lafayette

the Gold Souq

now this is the boutique I will never dare going in. The door alone tells me " If you don't have money, better stay outside,OK".lol. I wonder who buys Tom Ford here, like really? or maybe they sell kandoora.hahaha. hmmm.

why did I take a shot of this store?
a. because it's Creed
b. because of the interior
or

c. because it was CLOUSED FOR PRAY.lol
 i love the Fashion Ave.'s 2nd floor, The light, the lines, the space, ah, fantastic.


the ad of Emirates NBD really makes sense by putting it above the  aquarium

outside


correct me if I'm wrong but this is Souq Al Bahr

Finally I got it in one piece, from a kilometer away. taken at Dubai Mall Metro Station

the outfit. This photo was taken the next day before I left the hotel because I forgot to take a full shot of myself in this combo.
Glasses: Bernhard Willhelm x Linda Farrow mask
Hoodie: Dolce & Gabbana
Black pants: Acne
Hitops: Dior Homme(I will never wear this again when doing blogs,it's so HEAVY)
Bracelet: Maison Martin Margiela
Bag: Christopher Shannon x Eastpak

I think I should give that Dior Homme staff prescription glasses for asking me if I were an artist. Like, seriously, do I look like one?LOL. or why not? Gollum/Smeagle was a star in Lord of the Rings,hahaha.Or maybe she meant "Do I paint?"

next time it's Mall of the Emirates.stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. I don't read but i love reading every article you post. Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for reading my blogs.now every muscle pain and blisters i got from walking are now worth it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lowell,

    can you please email me now? It's urgent... regarding your dubai mall photos.. Don't worry just want to ask you about a certain photo.

    Please email me @ paula@formu8.com

    thanks,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry typo.. my email is

    paula@formul8.com


    hope to hear from you really soon!

    ReplyDelete