Thursday 10 March 2011

The Saks Fifth Avenue Fashion Show

First, questions:

1. Would you rather see the models with clothes on the runway or stripped backstage?
2. Which of these B's you'd like to see:( I wanted this post to be on the general patronage side so complete the words yourself,lol)
     a. b__bs
     b. b_tt
     c. bulge
     d. b_lls
     e. back
     f. body
     h. briefs
     i. boxers
     j. bra
     k. all of the above


I almost did not make it to this event but luckily I was squeezed in by Kim, the contest organizer, to help dress the models up backstage. An invite like this one doesn't come everyday, so all the way from Abu Dhabi I came rushing after work.

 After taking all modes of transport, 3 hours later I was in Dubai just in time for the scheduled time set. Location? The Dubai International Financial Center, under The Gate. We were instructed to wear completely black but I added white inside to break it a  little. It was a backstage work so I just dressed up the way I used to and  since I'm into proportions right now, everything was oversized(Proportions, what a good word to say when that garment is the last piece, at 80/90 off, not my size, but I just got to have it or else I'll die,lol)
The outfit:

Eyewear: L'Incognito by Maison Martin Margiela
White shirt: Alexander McQueen
Black tee: Bottega Veneta
Necklace: Maison Martin Margiela
Waistcoat: Miharayasuhiro
Pants: Paul & Joe
Bracelet: Maison Martin Margiela
Sandals: Ann Demeulemeester
Bag: Balenciaga

Backstage, we were briefed on the what-to-do's and they let us browsed the clothes combo to familiarize with. Men will dress up male models and women will dress up female models. Makes sense.THEN REALITY STRUCK. Models started to remove their clothes to change for their first look.NUDITY I NEVER KNEW EXISTED,LOL. It was like, "Where am I?". I just love how confident the models were to show off their skin barely wearing anything to everyone else in there. Men in their briefs, women in their g-strings; I don't know where to look, I was the one ashamed looking at them with very minimal clothes(if you can call it ) on. As much as I want to take pictures of them wearing almost nothing and share it with you, I just don't have the guts yet to do that.:) I' am not Mario Testino so that they will let me.

Each model had 3 changings and thank God mine was just easy; jeans, jacket, sneakers and a kandoora at the end so I ended up helping the others shoe lacing, buttoning, and belting their models.Everything should be done quickly, like, QUICKLY but the nakedness around the room was such a focus stealer,lol.

The show started late,very late and I was worried about the bus going home;but I had a really nice time talking with my fellow contestants and dressers for the event- Hammam, Amir, and Therese. . I did not know I was that chatty or maybe because we just have the same interest. "Who will replace John Galliano for Dior?" was the question everybody was concerned about. Some said Alber Elbaz, fashion critics call for Riccardo Tisci and Haider Ackermann, I think it was a gimmick for the house. Well, let us wait.



This was a fabulous event and to have attended was surreal.

anyway, here are  pictures of the event.

The view from Dubai International Financial Center








Emirates Towers


The Gate, where the show was held



models practicing

The clothes backstage for the show




the giveaways for guests

I fell in love in this Rick Owens distressed leather vest the moment I saw it. I tried this on and it fits perfectly. I should have shoplifted this,LOL. Why did God give me a conscience?hahaha.

They used the Nina Ricci dress that I used in my styling. It's very beautiful,isn't it?

up close


the model wearing it



the models








I was dressing that model in the beige Rick Owens leather jacket with his legs crossed. 
The models in their first looks.



it's not a ghost, blame it on my camera.



my Samsung camera + night + walking models = disaster photography







after the show.The show ended about 9:30 pm. I arrived in Abu Dhabi at 12:00 am.


the gift bag



Thank you Saks for letting us in on this event. This was one of the best nights of my life.:)

Answers

1. after this,  a front row seat is the worse place to be at in a show. The action is backstage. why only see the models fully clothed when you can see them naked as well,lol.
2.  k. all of the above. hmmm, I wonder who will design for Christian Dior,LOL. if you got that, you're a genius.hahaha.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, the naked part is just as juicy lol! the nina ricci dress is fierce! lurve :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as much as i don't want you to focusing on fashion rather than on your relationship with God, i'm still proud and happy for you. hope you won't forget what's more important. praying for you always! mwuah! :*

    ReplyDelete