Tuesday 22 March 2011

Yas Island part 2: Yas Hotel, Marina Yacht Club and Crowne Plaza

Magic of Motown,well, at least that the was name of the event. I never find this genre magical, worse, the dressing makes my eyebrow raise. Those afro hairdo, bright dresses, feathered shawls, big glasses should remain in that era and the twentieth century should have deleted them in it's hardrive.  I have always been the Fleetwood Mac son, and that's it. The sweet rock n roll this band  first introduced in the 70's has made me glued into that kind of music and certainly I haven't updated my playlist; although some Leona Lewis', and Adele's made it current.

The thing was at Yas Marina Yacht Club, which took us an hour to find as sources were inaccurate, on March 17, 2011. I wasn't even interested going here in the first place because:
1. Motown
2. I was at Yas a month ago covering for this blog(which only had 20 hits, so not worth that long walk,LOL)
3. Thursday night and  what I wanted was a good sleep.

After a few more enticement, I gave in thinking
1." This is a good way to play dress-up again"
2. the Still's Bar, Crowne Plaza back-up
3. I need a fresh air

The place was perfect or should I say PERFECT. Give me Yas Hotel in clear view and it will surely lift up my spirit. Oh, I can still recall how lovely and gracefully it changes its lights. My second attempt to capture its beauty did not fail me this time; for a camera this cheap, getting pictures of this quality is something to be proud of(and that's a big I THINK,lol)

Isn't it a tear jerking piece of architecture?



in magenta.I so hate that POLE.

in blue and blurred.

The Marina Circuit and the Yacht Club



Some photos of the event






an hour later we're off to Yas Plaza at Crowne Plaza for the Still's Bar weekly Ladies Night, and that means that 45 AED  Bullfrog was so not worth it. If  I'd like to drink something that tastes like a cough syrup, brand name- Allerin or Robitussin, it'd better on those runny nose days and not on a night out.lol. They better be free like those Cosmopolitans for ladies. And what about the 65 AED hamburger? Well, those from Burger King are actually more satisfying, and waaaaaay too cheap. But I guess the real question is, "Why eat hamburger- in a bar?"hahaha.

The Aldar HQ is visible in that place and I took again snapshots of it.My camera in its full zoom.Not bad, eh?
The moon on the earth- only half-lit.


the Still's Bar outside

either I was drunk or my hands were shaky.


the outfit
what is with me and the black and white combination these days? and the black shirt over white shirt?

White shirt: Zara
Black shirt: Carol Christian Poell
Brooch: Maison Martin Margiela(my first time to wear this after almost a year)
Pleather pants: Acne
Black Hitops: Dior Homme
Bracelet: Maison Martin Margiela

No comments:

Post a Comment