Thursday 24 February 2011

The Dubai Mall

I went to Dubai Mall after my styling at Saks Fifth Ave. at Burjuman Mall about 2 weeks ago only to find out my camera was about to lose power so forgive me of the bad and less pictures taken.

Anyway, named as the largest in the world, the Dubai Mall isn't just that-it's EVERYTHING. This is THE mall.What I like most about this place is the space.It's just grand that even though it's full of people(especially during this time as it was during the Dubai Shopping Festival and a Saturday) it doesn't feel congested because the hallways are wide and there are a lot of I call it "rotondas" which makes the eye open wider and see space bloom.This is very true the moment you enter its main doors and try looking up.WOW.


I particularly like the Fashion Avenue.I already mentioned this in my previous entry but this time I can support it with,sorry, bad photos.lol. Missoni,Chloe,Valentino,McQueen, Cavalli, Fendi, Gina, Tom Ford, Givenchy,Stella McCartney, Burberry,Lanvin, Ralph Lauren, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, D&G, Dior, Armani,Hermes, Gucci, Louis Vuitton,Moschino, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Kenzo, Etro, John Richmond, Gaultier, Herve Leger, Mulberry, Chanel, Pucci, Zuhair Murad, Ferre, Jimmy Choo, Just Cavalli, Zaldig & Voltaire, Boss, Dsquared2,Trussardi, Sonia Rykiel, Paul Smith, Agent Provocateur, Elie Saab and what else, hmmm and if that didn't choke you then better see it your self.

 yes, there is an Armani cafe. I love these paper butterflies and crystals on the ceiling.







RIP Alexander McQueen


this is just a regular aquarium.Not so, look at the size of the people down.And this is only half of it.

No,they're not falling.

Olympic-size skating rink.Nice shot, man.lol

Bloomingdale's. Another huge department store here is Galleries Lafayette. but i love Bloomingdale's.

So I went outside to take snapshots of another world's largest,well, tallest to be specific- the Burj Khalifa. this is how tall it is in three pictures.


it won't fit 
 no, it won't fit
  still, IT WON'T FIT.!!!! I give up.


this is the Dubai Fountain. Where? There.Show starts at 6 p.m. and I'm sorry I can't wait for it.  I have to go home because I'm not falling in line again for an hour with that long a queue waiting for the bus;but  it was worse than I thought.I decided to try taking the bus to Abu Dhabi at Ibn Batuta Mall, then sandstorm came.Worst, it was very, very cold, the wind was blowing mad, and I WAS WEARING SHORTS. Whoever told me that there is terminal there I shouldn't have believed. The bus came at 7 p.m and I was there at 5:30 so can you imagine?
Enough of that, this musical fountain costs a whopping 218 million dollars.218 million dollars.218 million dollars.One day I'll be there just to watch it from start til 10 pm. I want to see the show with Time to Say Goodbye by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman as music.
that's all.:)

1 comment:

  1. That's a interesting blog post with beautiful images, need your help to find Best Places to visit in Sharjah

    ReplyDelete