Saturday 26 February 2011

The DHL Package part 2: Eastpak x Christopher Shannon

I have always been a fan of Eastpak collaborations. From Raf Simons, to Rick Owens, to Gaspard Yurkievich, to Eleykishimoto and now the yet unknown British designer Christopher Shannon.Ever since this idea was out I was like "I want that ,I want that, I want that", and it's just now that, that wanting became a reality.

I'am in desperate need of a backpack.I told myself when I'll be going back home to Manila I should only be carrying one and that's it.I will never carry a designer leather bag again as it was hell carrying it ,that any moment it will get scratched. So the perfect solution would be a backpack, and you know me, I just don't want it generic and Eastpak has the answer.

The best  are by Raf Simons and Rick Owens but were so pricey that I would rather miss it than buy it. Then Eleykishimoto came with their prints but the problem was the size.Too small. Gaspard Yurkievich's collaborations are so rare to find and I don't have any idea how much they cost. And now Christopher Shannon, everything is drop-dead in all the right ways. The moment I saw this at oki-ni.com, I can't sleep. I so want to order but the shipping costs was holding me back. The next day I received a mail from the store offering free shipping to all British designed products in celebration of London Fashion Week. In 10 minutes I ordered right away.That was Thursday and the package arrived today, Saturday.Very fast,huh.

What's perfect about this bag is the size.It's big that everything you need would fit.This is best for travelling.Plus you can wear it as backpack,or carry this as holdall, or sling it as messenger.Practical,isn't it? and the best part is it only costs 71 pounds(85 originally minus taxes if you're living outside the UK).This is the cheapest collaboration yet if my memory is right.Ok it's still expensive but granted the quality and the design of this product, it's all worth it.

and thank God, Abu Dhabi customs didn't charge me of any customs fees.weeeeeeee.





 it has a padded laptop compartment
 i tried putting on dirty clothes to bulk it up and this is the result.This bag can accommodate 48 liters.I don't know what that means but that's what it says.


the backstraps are hideable(is this a word)If you want to use this as holdall or messenger you can hide it in that opening with the zippers on the side.It opens down to the bottom.good idea right?
 me wearing it




oki-ni.com offers free shipping to all British designed products until March 2 only. So shop now. Eastpak x CS has 3 designs.The other two are backpack and a messenger. You can check out the website.They accept major credit  and debit cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment