Saturday 26 February 2011

ABU DHABI part 2 YAS ISLAND, FERRARI WORLD,YAS HOTEL AND MARINA CIRCUIT

When I first started this blog, I planned it to be focused on fashion;but ,I think it would be boring so I tried to mix as much content as possible for what, my ten readers out there.LOL. As promised, I went to Yas Island yesterday alone to cover this beautiful development here in Abu Dhabi. This place is WIDE and if my shoes could talk,it would have plead to stop. Oh, the things that I do for this blog.

it all starts with the outfit:  Xavier Delcour white shirt, Miharayasuhiro vest, Zara pants, McQ  Alexander McQueen bag, Martin Margiela bracelet and L'incognito eyewear(this time in gold), Alessandro dell'Acqua hitops.


 There are 3 major attractions here.All my pictures were taken outside, you know when you don't have money to get in?:D
1.The Yas Marina Circuit(this is where F1 goes)
2. The Yas Hotel
3. Ferrari World- Ferrari's theme park

After church, I took the 290 bus(They now changed it to BUS 190, and now rerouted to pass by Saadiyat Island. A good way to wait for this bus is near  Khalifa Street. That park opposite National Bank of Abu Dhabi with two giant kettles on its gate. There is a bus stop there where all buses that go to Saadiyat expressway pick up passengers.)  to Yas Island.Travel time was almost 1 1/2 hours which I could cut it in half if I were to take a taxi but, no, I'am not paying 100 AED vs the 2 AED bus. The bus' last stop was The Ferrari World so I started my journey there.This place is huge,like, HUGE and as much as I want to circle the whole thing, I can only cover 1/3 of it. The best attraction of this park is the Formula Rossa,the fastest roller coaster in the world.I haven't tried this yet as this was close during the soft opening last September. The track is simple, no loops. Created maybe so that the experience is more of the F1 speed feeling. The car shoots, literally before your eyes and just by watching, it brought smile to my face.On the other side is a much smaller coaster which  I din't take pictures anymore.I should have tracked that way instead.

the Formula Rossa track



want to see how this one works?Open the video.



 i love the aerodynamic design of its "claws"


 There goes the logo
The Yas Arena where all major concerts are held


This is the Yas Marina Circuit .There was a drag racing event that day but sadly I can't cover that.I love the tents.It makes sense the Ferrari World is next to this place.I don't know how many Ferrari's have passed by me taking pictures of this place.There were so many.








The streetlights here are really cute. It looked like 2 eyes watching over you-in horror.LOL



This is Yas Plaza.All these buildings are hotels.



this shed is so cute


 very spacious roads.

This is called Al Bandar.It's not part of Yas but since it's visible out there might as well include it.It's so beautiful.It looks like ships of the future, and why not?It's facing the beach.Like it is docked there forever.I'd like to buy one of the apartments here, if 10 million dirhams falls on my feet.


The Aldar HQ.really cute.

I love love love the "juxtapositioning" of the sun and this building.cool.

The Yas Hotel.They say it looks like the the one in Singapore but up close,no. The Esplanade has spikes resembling durian but this is just glass enveloping the whole hotel which makes it out-there looking and the curves are so emotional when looked at. It's very beautiful especially at night when it changes color from blue to magenta.


You know how much I love my blog? I waited for an hour to get dark so that I can share a picture of this hotel at night but sadly my camera sucks so forgive me. If only those SLR's cost the same thing as this Samsung.





I hope you liked it or you better be.LOL

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos! It's so nice to see you having such a great time!

    Marina Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you tell your story though, really clear. Nice pictures too. It helps a lot with the story.


    property shop abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice information. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing.The information shared here is very nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blogging. Thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ferrari World Tour is a wonderful Tour in Dubai you must visit this Place. and i like your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is a very big place. you must visit Ferrari World Abu Dhabi for enjoy Ferrari Park is so beautiful Park in Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks..this is the place for our security training centre ( NSI building)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.
    Water Filter UAE,
    Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine
    Self Cleaning Filter
    sea water RO System
    BW 4040 RO Membrane,
    Containerized RO Plants,
    Brackish water
    Containerized Sea Water RO Plants

    ReplyDelete
  10. As motor oil technology has progressed, drivers now have the option of choosing between conventional, synthetic, and semi-synthetic oils.So, which is best for your car? Our experts at Ferrari Service Dubai will help you go through the pros and cons of each type of oil. So let’s take a closer look.







    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much for this discussion. I read all the comments and really appreciate you all.
    Best Regards
    ferrari repair dubai
    ferrari service dubai

    ReplyDelete