Sunday 19 June 2011

Milan Men's Fashion Week Spring 2012: Jil Sander, Dolce, Burberry, Costume National ,Neil Barrett, Cavalli

Burberry Prorsum

Marni + Miu Miu + Prada =  Burberry Prorsum Spring 2012 show
I like this collection in a way because it's my first time to see prints but that equation seems to stuck on my head especially on the middle part of the show. I also like the "Mongolia" part of it in the end. This is still a nice collection although not one of Christopher's best.
Burberry Prorsum Spring 2012

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2012

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2012

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2012

Burberry Prorsum Spring 2012

Did he gain weight?lol.
Burberry Prorsum Spring 2012

Dolce & Gabbana

"Black. For spring. Groundbreaking.",lol.  I don't know but the duo has lost it, totally lost it. Clothes are good but I didn't see anything new here. The roomy pants(which I notice in all shows that started) kind of reminded me  what Stefano Pilati did seasons ago for YSL. Decent collection but I kind of miss the "jeans" part of Dolce & Gabbana.

Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2012

Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2012

Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2012

Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2012

Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2012

Jil Sander

Questions.
What man wears a high-waisted shorts?
Market bag in python, really?
I love the "fashion-forwardness" of the collection but I can't imagine it on Jil Sander. If this were his own label the message would have worked. Since when did animal minimal?

Jil Sander Spring 2012

Jil Sander Spring 2012

Jil Sander Spring 2012

Jil Sander Spring 2012

Jil Sander Spring 2012

Roberto Cavalli

I have no idea where is this collection going.From stripes, to 70's, to fuchsia and mustard suits and God please forgive him for doing the python and blue jacket.lol.

Roberto Cavalli Spring 2012

Roberto Cavalli Spring 2012

Roberto Cavalli Spring 2012

Roberto Cavalli Spring 2012

Roberto Cavalli Spring 2012

Roberto Cavalli Spring 2012

Neil Barrett

I love Neil Barrett but I sometimes think he should push himself more. Every season it is kind of like this. I know he has "it" but I don't know when is he going to turn his brand to offer a much stronger and fresher looks. The sandals for example. How many times did he do this already(but this time I love the chunky-ness of it?

Neil Barrett Spring 2012

Neil Barrett Spring 2012

Neil Barrett Spring 2012

Neil Barrett Spring 2012

Neil Barrett Spring 2012

Costume National

I can't help but think Celine looking at this collection, I don't know why. There are some parts that remind me of what Pheobe Philo does. I like this collection a lot and my favorite so far. Wearable, cool, easy, and believable.

Costume National Spring 2012

Costume National Spring 2012

Costume National Spring 2012

Costume National Spring 2012

Costume National Spring 2012

Costume National Spring 2012

Costume National Spring 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment