Saturday 18 June 2011

Gisele in Maison Martin Margiela: Australian Vogue Cover

When I saw this cover yesterday at Lulu Supermarket I was so happy at last a Margiela outfit landed a cover, even better Gisele sported it. It's just refreshing to see this against all covers out there that say glamour, elegance, and perfection. I really like what Vogue Australia did here. It was brave  and a 180 degree turn against what Vogue is. I mean to the untrained eye the only saleable thing here was Gisele's face and I'm sure only a portion of the population is digging the whole look. I wouldn't be shocked if it were on V or Purple, but Vogue? Yes, that is shocking. This whole collection got a very bad review but still landed itself a cover from down under.:)



Anyway, it wasn't just a cover, but a full editorial spread photographed by Patrick Demarchelier. Clothes by Balmain, Comme des Garcons, Dries van Noten, Maison Martin Margiela, Balenciaga, Ann Demeulemeester, and Haider Ackermann. Talk about everything I like in one. This is my favorite spread in years.

Sorry for the very bad photos.:)

That watch bracelet is killing me so bad again when I saw it here.







No comments:

Post a Comment