Tuesday 12 April 2011

Mall of the Emirates

Before anything else, I'd like to apologize to my blog for purposely and deliberately casting it aside in 2 weeks.:)The blog vs. sleep has been a thing over these weeks and I surely gave in for the latter.

Anyway, since I already started blogging about  The Dubai Mall, why not include Mall of the Emirates on my posting, right? These pictures are stored so long in my SD card that if it were a bear in a cave hibernating, it would have lost all its brown fat.hehe.

Mall of the Emirates is another amazing mall here in the UAE. It isn't as big and grand  as The Dubai Mall but it has this charm of mixed Arabic and Mediterranean interior which really makes this mall quite attractive. Its low ceiling feels cozy enough and the fact that it is not the biggest mall in the world means it is easier to cover in one go without getting lost. The mall's location is a bit far although I think it only takes 15 minutes or less by car from downtown Dubai. But for poor people and  a commuter like my self, be ready to waste your precious 45 minutes to 1 hour getting there by bus-metro route from Dubai Mall.

If Dubai Mall has a Fashion Avenue, Mall of the Emirates has a Fashion Dome- another high end label filled wing that will satisfy the thirst and hunger for fashion and food. They have here John Galliano, Paul & Joe, Versace, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Dior and Dior Homme, Mulberry, Paul Smith ,Armani, Missoni, Marc by Marc Jacobs, D&G, Carolina Herrera, Y3, See by Chloe, and my favorites Balenciaga and Bottega Veneta.A wing opposite this is another big designer label boutique's area where Dolce & Gabbana, Celine, Marc Jacobs, Roberto Cavalli, Yves Saint Laurent, Burberry, and Ralph Lauren are located. Oh, how I wish I could actually visit these stores with me carrying a paperbag full of goodies when I leave the door. Damn, why is my salary so tiny?LOL.

This photo makes me hate Mickey Mouse even more.



The Fashion Dome.Looking at this picture makes me wish I know how to Photoshop.LOL









One reason why this mall is worth going to-Harvey Nichols.  I didn't dare take photos inside because I think it's not allowed, so to save my self from shame of the staff going to me and say "Sorry sir, no photos allowed", I better pass. I hope nobody buys that Lanvin or Dries van Noten shirt so that come sales in June it will be mine.

Reason number two why this mall is worth going to- Ski Dubai. An indoor ski in the middle of the desert. Why Dubai is full of out-there ideas, I don't know, but sure they are interesting. A cheap camera + glass= bad photos.Sorry.


The other smaller , older dome




some shots inside the mall

see how  low the ceiling is here.



I have no idea why people are queueing up outside Louis Vuitton. I think they are giving out free soup and bread for their customers who spent all their money on their bags and now can't afford to feed themselves.Very nice aftersales customer support.LOL .

And people, have you heard of Balenciaga and Bottega Veneta? They're right straight ahead. :D

oh LOGO, look what have you done,hahaha.

that's it.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment