Saturday 23 April 2011

The 6-Emirate Visita Iglesia Tour

First of all, I'm not Catholic. I was just invited to come along to a yet to be laid plan that came up the last minute. Mention to me the word Dubai and I will definitely and surely  not hesitate and think twice going. So off we go, 5 of us, Thursday night for the Visita Iglesia or simply called "church hopping" during the Holy Week.

Church No.1
Dubai Outlet Mall,lol- I was so happy we included this "church" in our trip. After 2 hours of recollecting and contemplating what I have in the closet, Saints Bottega Veneta and Yves Saint Laurent gave me the light I needed.hahaha. Oh, yet again my savings plan on the rocks, but can you really resist something YSL and BV at 80% off? Not me.:D. I bought a pair of Bottega sneakers in a Gucci dustbag and Dolce and Gabbana box at Priceless- Harvey Nichols and Bloomingdale's' outlet.How funny is that?lol. I also got a YSL Rive Gauche belt that needs another hole to fit but turned out cute worn as bracelet. And I'am very happy with my two pairs of Acne jeans.How I wish I can say that when they're on my face.haha.

Anyway, we started our journey at Ras Al Khaima on a very hot Friday and wearing my Acne black pleather pants wasn't a good idea.
Outfit:  Martin Margiela tee, bracelet and eyewear, Acne pants, McQ bag, Alessandro Dell' Acqua hitops.

The first church we visited. Ras Al Khaimah.
 The mass was in Indian.We left after 15 minutes.


Some snapshots on our way to Umm Al Qwein. What if Abu Dhabi or Dubai looked like this? I will definitely go home after a month. Where in the world am I going to sport my  little out there fashion here?lol.
Photos were taken  in the car. It made the already bad view even bad.hehe.











 Umm Al Qwein
After two hours of looking for this following so many inaccurate directions from anybody we finally found the Warehouse.No, it is actually a church, believe it or not..........
 ........and believe it or not, although I'm not an expert on how many Our Lady's out there, there is in fact an Our Lady of Arabia.
We went to Ajman but it turned out no Catholic church in there. So off we headed to Sharjah



 Wrong church.The Catholic church is behind that tree. That I didn't know until we left.lol. I thought they were one.


that sign made me laughed a little.
Photos at Sharjah going to Dubai





 An Islamic Museum

the intricate tile mosaic on this mosque is amazing.
 I have no Idea what is this.the sign is in Arabic

 If London has a London Eye, Sharjah has an Eye of the Emirates.
 In Dubai's St. Mary's Church

 I love how the mosque is juxtaposed to this church.hehe
 Free water, but you have to share one glass with everyone else. want?lol.

So the very thirsty and hungry us did not think twice to eat when we should be fasting at a Filipino restaurant in Al Rigga.I will never,NEVER eat Relyenong Bangus there.lol. We were supposed to go to Abu Dhabi's St. Joseph Church after  but decided to go to Jumeirah Beach instead.Oh, the sight of half naked people................

How could this trip end so unholy.lol.

Happy Easter!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment