Thursday 27 January 2011

Givenchy Haute Couture spring 2011

I have always been a faithful fan of Riccardo Tisci's work for Givenchy since his appointment. I can still remember his shaky beginnings at the brand until he was accepted fully by the press. 

Now for this collection.Art.Would you like to buy a piece of clothing you only want to look at? His work for the past 2 seasons for couture has been this.10 looks in a presentation.Although it looked a bit a continuation from fall,the clothes this season feel light with a little play in color, focused on the cuts and patterns, and more structured. One piece here required a 2,000 working hours to create the pattern alone.And another 4,000 hours for it to be assembled as a dress.That is dressmaking to the extreme. How I wish I had an invite for this affair so I can closely view each of these dress' details.

The looks with the birds on them are the most striking.Like each feather was carefully selected and sewn but these were just patterns carefully and delicately mixed up to cover the body from the transparent organza(?) as a base.The back is more amazing.In contrast to the softness of details in front,a bold structured back in 3D with colors from orange,to green,yellow and hot pink gave the clothes its backbone.

If I were a rich man,I prefer this than a Picasso hanging on my wall.
Vogue Gallery

the hats are by PhilipTreacy.

 Vogue Gallery

Vogue Gallery

the back

Vogue Gallery

Vogue Gallery

Vogue Gallery

Vogue Gallery


Exclusive to only one piece per look.Order now.(and I wrote that like these things cost the same as a BigMac.:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment