Saturday 9 July 2011

Azzedine Alaia Haute Couture Fall 2011

This is my first time to see a full collection of Azzedine Alaia's work. I only know him through books and some The Sartorialist pictures of Carine Roitfeld wearing his creations(though I'm not really sure if he still makes them). Nonetheless, I happened to see some of the label's clothes when I entered the Saks Fifth Ave. styling  competition about 5 months ago in Dubai. The clothes were ultraluxurious and so well constructed that it puts a Philip Lim and Alexander Wang to shame,lol. Didn't use them in my styling though but a pair of shoes.

What I love most about the collection is the clean and pure design of the clothes that crystals and beadwork are practically absent, but focused on cut and sharp tailoring. The hour-glass figure on the coat dress, the combination of hard and soft materials such as the croc-leather and the feathery "thing", the layers and layers of ruffles on skirts that we wish pictures could let us see it move: proofs masters are always masters.

Azzedine Alaïa Fall 2011 Couture

Azzedine Alaïa Fall 2011 Couture

Azzedine Alaïa Fall 2011 Couture

Azzedine Alaïa Fall 2011 Couture

Azzedine Alaïa Fall 2011 Couture

Azzedine Alaïa Fall 2011 Couture

Azzedine Alaïa Fall 2011 Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment